Cindi A. Spence has been an attorney in Minnesota for 20 years. Cindi has successfully represented conservatorship and guardianship clients throughout the state of Minnesota from Hallock to Austin. She has tried many cases in district courts throughout the State of Minnesota, to both judges and juries. She has successfully resolved hundreds of cases throughout her 20+ years of practicing law. Cindi particularly likes assisting clients through contested conservatorship and guardianship trials. She has achieved tremendous results for her clients, as indicated by the testimonials of many satisified clients.
Some of Cindi’s most notable achievements include the following:
- Conservatorship: Represented elderly woman whose children petitioned for conservatorship after the woman lost a significant amount of money to an internet scam. Contested case. Judge granted Cindi’s motion to dismiss at the close of Petitioner’s case.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship: Represented daughter who petitioned for guardianship of elderly father suffering from Alzheimers Disease and being exploited by other daughters; Extremely contested Hennepin County case; Settled.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship: Represented same daughter who petitioned one year later for guardianship of her mother, who was being exploited by other daughters; Extremely contested Hennepin County case; Settled
- Guardianship and Conservatorship: Successfully defended the imposition of a guardianship over an 80 year old woman whose children petitioned for guardianship and conservatorship and at the same time sued her in a civil action to undo a conveyance of 800 acres of farm land (conveyance was upheld after 4 day trial); Renville County.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship: Successfully defended elderly woman whose children petitioned for guardianship and conservatorship allegedly based on dementia. Petitioner dismissed her petition after 5 days of depositions; St. Louis County.
- Guardianship: Successfully petitioned to remove guardian who was improperly restricting visitation with the ward and making inappropriate medical and living decisions for the ward; Mower County
- Guardianship and Conservatorship: Winning extremely contentious, document intensive case where client successfully petitioned for the appointment of a conservator for his elderly father, who was being financially and emotionally exploited by his young female caregiver. The caregiver was eventually prosecuted by the Attorney General for financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult as a result of my case.
- Minor Guardianship: Successfully obtaining guardianship for my clients of their 11 year old nephew, whose mother had died and who was being abused by his uncle, who was also petitioning for guardianship and opposing my clients’ petition.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship: Court appointed to represent over 100 respondents in guardianship and/or conservatorship proceedings.