Spence Legal Services has moved to a new location in Minnetonka.
Our new mailing address is:
12800 Whitewater Drive, Suite 100
Minnetonka, Minnesota 55343
Our phone number and email addresses remain the same:
Cindi continues to provide representation to individuals and families throughout Minnesota in the area of guardianships and conservatorships. If you or your loved one need information on establishing a guardianship or conservatorship for a vulnerable adult, a “child” turning 18 or a minor who is the recipient of an inheritance or settlement, please reach out to Cindi to discuss your situation.
10 Signs Your Loved One May Need A Guardian
- He lacks good judgment on how to keep himself safe.
- She cannot reliably take her own medications.
- He gets lost in places that were once very familiar to him.
- She does things around the house that are dangerous – like leaving the burner on after cooking.
- He responds to mail or calls that are obviously scams.
- She insists on driving, even though it’s likely no longer safe for her to do so.
- He has become very forgetful – missing appointments, forgetting events, etc.
- She is frequently late – or completely misses – paying bills, taxes, etc.
- He is no longer able to balance his checkbook.
- She is falling and dismissing it as a one-off event.
If these sorts of things are happening to your parent, spouse or family member, he or she may be in need of a guardian to help him/her make good decisions and keep him/her safe.
I am frequently asked by potential clients what they can do if they suspect that their loved one is being abused, exploited or engaging in self-neglect. In Minnesota, there is a central number that handles intake for adult maltreatment reports. The reporting system is called “MAARC” (Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center). The phone number is: 1-844-880-1574
The center screens all calls and gets them to the appropriate investigative agency. If you suspect that an adult you know and love is being abused or neglecting him/her self, call today. MAARC is open/available 24/7.