The Minnesota Department of Human Services’ website has a very cool new tool that provides demographic and service data for regional, statewide and county levels.
The profiles include the following demographic and service data points. Each point is a separate tab on the dashboard:
- AGE – total population by age
- DIVERSITY – total population by race and ethnicity
- LIVING ALONE – persons age 65+ living alone
- POVERTY – persons age 65+ in poverty
- DEPENDENCY – old-age dependency ratio
- CAREGIVER – family caregiver ratio
- SPENDING – long-term services and supports expenditures
- HIGHER NEEDS – persons served with higher needs
- UTILIZATION – nursing home bed utilization
Here’s the link to the Minnesota Department of Human Services Aging Data Profiles dashboard.